How To Straighten Your Teeth With Invisible Braces- Things To Know About Invisalign.
From Biology, we know that teeth are the hardest substance in the body. The teeth have different benefits; it gives shape to the face, and it is suitable for chewing.
The alignment of the teeth is essential. Teeth with perfect alignment have an excellent structure and give the face an ideal smile. Do you want to improve your teeth’ alignment? Do you want to align your teeth using invisible braces? Invisalign is for you.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is short for an invisible aligner, and it is made from a flexible thermoplastic material. Invisalign is a treatment that corrects dental problems by properly aligning the teeth in their respective positions. This treatment is also suitable for dental issues such as;
- open bite
- spacing and crowding issues.
Is Invisalign Better Than braces?
Both braces and Invisalign are suitable for teeth straightening. There are various benefits of Invisalign over metal braces. These benefits include;
- Appearance: Invisalign has an almost undetectable appearance compared to metal braces.
- Removable: you can easily remove the aligner if need be, especially when eating or drinking.
- Easy cleaning: you can easily clean your teeth by brushing and flossing after removing the aligner.
- Time: using Invisalign takes less time to move teeth in position than braces. Invisalign applies pressure to the teeth as a whole, while braces apply pressure on each tooth individually
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign are custom-made aligners for the teeth. The aligners are invisible, and they contain no metal in their composition. Invisalign has a series of trays that gradually shift the teeth into the proper position. Each tray is straighter than the previous tray, and each set of trays move the teeth up to 0.25 mm.
How Long Will You Use Invisalign?
The duration of using Invisalign is different for people. On average, it takes about a year or two to wear the aligners.
How To Use Invisalign
Dentists recommend using the aligners between 20 and 22 hours daily. You can take out your aligners for needs such as eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing. The aligners are available in a series of trays. There are instructions on changing the trays at intervals of about two weeks.
Who Can Qualify For Invisalign?
Although Invisalign is invisible braces for teeth straightening, it is not suitable for everyone. There are severe teeth conditions that will require other treatment options. Other factors that determine who qualifies for using Invisalign are age and commitment. The teeth and jaws keep changing with age; therefore, only adults and teenagers above 13 qualify for Invisalign treatment.
Furthermore, commitment is necessary for the best results. Invisalign dentists recommend wearing the aligners at least 20 hours daily to achieve a timely outcome.
Where Can You Get Invisalign?
To get your custom-made aligner, visit an Invisalign dentist or an orthodontist. The dentist creates a 3-D image of your mouth and jaw. The dentist then creates a plan for moving the teeth into the proper position. The dentist then makes a series of trays that will apply pressure on your teeth and shift them gradually into appropriate positions.
Tips On Using Invisalign
Invisalign is effective in keeping your teeth and giving you a perfect smile. The tips below can improve your experience when using Invisalign.
- Drink only water: taking other drinks when using Invisalign can stain the aligners over time.
- Brush often: oral hygiene is necessary when using Invisalign. Brushing removes food particles that can cause tooth decay
- Chew consistently: chewing foods, especially sugar-free chewing gum, helps to keep the aligners in place
- Be consistent: use the aligners between 20 and 22 hours daily. Inconsistent use can prolong your treatment
- Use a trusted dentist: you can easily find dentists near you. However, it is best practice to read reviews and talk to people who have undergone similar treatment.
Your teeth give your face its shape and smile. You can improve your smile by using teeth aligners such as Invisalign to ensure your teeth are correctly positioned.