Regain Your Confidence By Replacing Your Missing Teeth With Dental Implants
There’s nothing that sucks the life out of a smile, like having missing teeth. That gaping hole in your smile can make your confidence levels plummet. Even though countless people have missing teeth due to one reason or another, it is no way to live.
Years past, this could be acceptable since there were no options like the ones we have today. With modern dentistry, we can replace any number of teeth. We have dental implants in Chester Springs, PA that is the gold standard of tooth replacement. With tooth implants, there is no reason why you should mop around because of missing teeth.
Dental Implants Function and Look Like Your Pearly Whites
Losing a tooth is no fun, and having to deal with issues such as bone loss, difficulty chewing, etc., is a nightmare. However, undergoing dental implant surgery can ensure that your smile is restored. Even though nothing beats having your natural pearly whites, implants come close.
Other tooth restoration options only focus on replacing the tooth’s visible part, which is the crown. However, the dental implant replaces your pearly whites from the root to the crown. This feature alone sets it apart from the other teeth replacements.
Most implants are fashioned from titanium. They are root-sized rods that are surgically inserted into your jawbone to replace your tooth roots. They also have a connector known as an abutment that links the implant to the visible part of the implant, which can be a crown or denture.
Once the titanium rod has merged with your jawbone, it becomes part of your body. In other words, you will have a titanium root! After you have healed, the dental implants function like your teeth since they are stable, durable and restore your chewing ability. The crown that is placed to cover the implant is also tailor-made to look like the rest of your teeth.
Implants Are Versatile
Regardless of the number of missing teeth, you can trust that implants can replace them. Since many oral health issues arise due to missing teeth, there is no need to allow yourself to be afflicted.
Therefore, utilize the versatility of implants since they can be used in many scenarios, including:
Single Tooth Replacement
- Implant crown. In case you have lost a tooth, an implant can be placed in the empty socket, and then an implant crown will cover the implant, and just like that, you have a brand new smile.
Multiple Tooth Replacement
- If you have lost more than a single tooth, we have implant bridges that can be used to replace them. This is because you will need more than one implant.
- If you have lost a full arch of teeth or wish to replace your teeth, then an implant denture becomes the best option.
Dental Implants Procedure
Dental implant surgery is an outpatient procedure, which means that you will go home after the procedure. There are multiple stages of dental implants with healing time between certain phases.
The dental implants procedure is as follows:
Our dentist will check your oral cavity to see if you are eligible to undergo dental implant surgery. So, X-rays will be taken to help our dentist see your jaw to ascertain whether you have a healthy jawbone. Also, your medical history will be checked.
- If you have decayed damaged teeth still intact, they will be extracted
- Your jawbone will be prepped if there is a need to bulk it. This means that you will undergo grafting
- You will be given time to heal after grafting; then, the dental implant will be placed
- Again, you will be given time for your jawbone to heal
- After it has healed, the connector will be screwed on the implant
- Lastly, a crown or denture will be screwed on the abutment
Implants Have Other Benefits
Opting to go for implants comes with the following benefits:
- They are stable since they are surgically inserted into your jawbone
- They are durable because they are made from titanium and are placed in the jawbone
- They boost your bone health since they fill the space left by the root
Therefore, when you have your teeth replaced with dental implants in Chester Springs, PA, you will feel as though you never lost your teeth. Contact us at Dentist of Chester Springs if you need implants.